Our website www.sygnum.com (hereinafter “Website”) uses various techniques to let us and third parties consulted by us recognise you when you use our Website and, in some cases, track you across multiple visits. The present Cookie Notice provides information on this topic.
This Cookie Notice should be read alongside our Privacy Notice, which gives details about how and why we use your Personal Data when you are using this Website and your legal rights in relation to your Personal Data. Unless otherwise defined in this Cookie Notice, all capitalised terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Privacy Notice.
Information and how to contact us
This Website is owned and operated by Sygnum Bank AG.
If you have any questions about this Cookie Notice, please contact us via our Data Protection Office at [email protected].
How do we use online tracking techniques?
|Cookie name||Cookie type (explanation see below)||Cookie purpose (explanation see below)||Storage period|
|_ga||Measurement cookie||Used by Google Analytics to generate statistical data on your use of the Website||Persistent cookie (1 year or less)|
|_gcl_au||Measurement cookie||Used by Google Analytics to generate statistical data on your use of the Website||3 months|
|_gat_||Measurement cookie||Used by Google Analytics to generate statistical data on your use of the Website||Less than an hour|
|_gid||Measurement cookie||Used by Google Analytics to generate statistical data about your use of the Website||24 hours|
|_iub_cs __||Necessary cookie||Used for the cookie customisation service||Persistent cookie (1 year)|
|cf-clearance||Necessary cookie||Used for cookie customisation service||Persistent cookie (1 year)|
We use the following types of cookies and similar technologies:
- Necessary cookies: necessary cookies are required for the functionality of the Website, for example, to allow you to switch between sites without losing information entered in a form.
- Measurement cookies: these cookies collect information about the use of a Website and enable analyses, for example, which sites are most popular. They can thereby simplify the visit to a Website and improve the user experience.
- Marketing cookies: functional cookies enable advanced features and can display personalised content.
- Personalisation of content
- Save settings between your visits
- Collection of statistical data on the number of users and their usage habits (e.g.: how many clients log into our banking platform and at what time of the day), as well as to improve the speed and performance of the Website
- Determining whether and how we can improve our Website
When accessing our Website, you have the option to activate or deactivate certain categories of cookies. You can configure your browser in the settings to block certain cookies or similar technologies or delete existing cookies and other data stored in the browser. You can also enhance your browser with software (so-called “plug-ins”) that blocks tracking by certain third parties. You can find out more about this in the help pages of your browser (usually under the heading “Privacy”). Please note that some features of our Website may not function if you block cookies and similar technologies.
We use third-party services to measure and improve the user experience of the Website and online advertising campaigns. Third-party service providers may be located outside Switzerland and the EU/EEA, provided that the protection of your personal data is adequately ensured. For example, we use analytical services to allow us to optimise our Website. The respective third-party providers may record the use of the Website for this purpose and combine their recordings with further information from other Websites. This allows them to record user behaviour across multiple Websites and end devices in order to provide us with statistical evaluations on this basis. The providers may also use this information for their own purposes, e.g. for personalised advertising on their own Website or other Website. If a user is registered with the provider, the provider may be able to assign the usage data to the relevant person.
Our most important third-party providers are Google and InnoCraft. You can find more information about them below. Other third-party providers generally process personal and other data in a similar way.
- Clarity, an analytics tool from Microsoft Corp (One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, United States). This captures how you use and interact with our Website through behavioural metrics, heatmaps and session replay to improve and market our products and services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products and services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for website optimisation. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Can we update this Cookie Notice?
This Cookie Notice is not part of a contract with you. We can change this Cookie Notice at any time. The version published on this Website is the current version.