Complaints and feedback
Your satisfaction as a client or potential client is important to us, although we may not always be able to meet all expectations.
Please contact us so we may address your feedback using one of the following options:
-Client feedback and complaints are best addressed directly to your Client Service Manager or Sygnum contact person.
-Client Services on the Sygnum contact form or our Sygnum Legal and Compliance team via [email protected].
-Via our Sygnum contact form here.
-In a letter of complaint addressed to Sygnum with one of the addresses listed here.
Please include the following when you contact us:
-Your contact details
-Your relationship to Sygnum (client, lawyer, company representative)
-Relevant information related to your complaint
Further information on our complaints handling framework is available upon written request and free of charge from [email protected].
If no mutually agreeable solution can be found in contacting us at Sygnum, you can contact the Swiss Banking Ombudsman, a free and impartial information and mediation service provider:
Swiss Banking Ombudsman
Bahnhofplatz 9, PO Box
8021 Zurich, Switzerland
Client deposits at Sygnum Bank AG are protected under the deposit insurance provided by esisuisse. Like other banks and securities firms in Switzerland, Sygnum Bank AG is required to sign the esisuisse Agreement on self regulation for the deposit insurance scheme. Sygnum clients’ deposits are protected up to a maximum of CHF 100,000 per client. Medium-term notes held in the name of the bearer at the issuing bank are also considered deposits. Depositor protection in Switzerland is provided by esisuisse and explained in detail here.
Conflicts of interest - Disclosure
As a provider of a broad range of financial services, Sygnum may face actual and potential conflicts during the course of its activities. These may arise from any one or combination of the following:
- Sygnum and client relationships
- Sygnum and vendor or other third party service provider duties
- Financial service and product-specific duties of Sygnum vis a vis vehicles which issue investment products
- Employee interests which potentially compete with Sygnum products or services
- Potentially competing interests between two or more clients
Sygnum utilises various means to prevent and manage conflicts of interest, which include the following:
- Employee compliance policies and directives that require disclosure, monitoring and reporting of conflicts of interest that arise involving an employee and the Bank and/or a client
- Clear governance rules relating the handling and management of third-party supplier relationships
- Mandatory legal, risk and compliance reviews monitoring whether specific activities will give rise to conflicts of interest
- Provision of internal guidance and training on the handling and disclosure of conflicts of interest
Sygnum discloses conflict of interest in cases where it is not possible to avoid or resolve the conflict. Such disclosure is made in a clear and direct manner, using the appropriate medium. The disclosure must be able to be understood by the affected client, particularly in respect of the risks of potential damage to the client’s own interest.